Marcham C of E Primary School

"Where Christian values are integral and learning is fun"

School Admissions

Admission to Reception


In Oxfordshire all children are admitted to start school in the September after their 4th birthday. Parents of children born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 must make an application for their child to start in Reception. Our admission number in Reception is 30.


The procedure for admission to school is controlled by Oxfordshire County Council and you will need to fill in their form in the Autumn of the year before your child is due to start school. Under normal circumstances we would welcome you to visit the school when making your choice. We have shared below a presentation booklet 'Welcome to our Reception Class' that we created for all the children recently starting Reception (Pandas Class). Parents read this booklet with their children and it helped them in their preparation of starting school with us.


You can apply online from 3rd November 2020 and the closing date for online applications is 15th January 2021 for starting in September 2021.


You can find details of Oxfordshire School admission policy and also how to apply below.

In-Year transfers and moving schools


If you are looking to change schools as you have recently moved to the village or local area, please contact the school office to check if we have spaces. If spaces are available, in normal circumstances we would arrange for you to visit our school. This would have been an opportunity to meet our experienced staff team and friendly children. The visits are there to help your child have a smooth transition into our school.  


Due to current conditions we are unable to arrange school visits. We have attached below a presentation booklet 'Returning to School' that we shared with all our pupils when returning to school in September. Parents read this booklet with their children and it helped ease and reassure their return after a long period of being at home.


All in-year admissions are controlled by Oxfordshire County Council. Please see the link below for their website, which contains guidance and the online application you will need.

We've had 1 0 9 6 0 visitors